You may need to transfer a record to another table in order to satisfy your business requirements. For example, after a transaction is completed. you may want to move its record, or part of it, to an archive table. Before you begin, be sure that you have created the destination table and tested it by adding at least one record.
- On the Trigger Actions panel, click "Add New Trigger Action". Depending on your starting point, you may need to select a profile, click "Edit Trigger Profile", and then click the Actions tab.
- Click Transfer Action and click Next.
- Note the description of this trigger and click Next. The "Transfer Trigger Action Wizard" panel appears.
- In the Action Name field, enter a descriptive name for this action.
- If you want to stop all other trigger actions after this profile runs -- if this is the last action you plan to run -- check Stop After.
- Click Edit Rule and create the rule for when you want to update data, using the standard Logiforms Rules screen.
- Click Next. The Destination Settings panel appears.
- In the Destination Form field, click to select the table where you want this record to go.
- If you want the record deleted from its current location after the transfer, check the Delete Original Record box.
If you do choose to delete this record after transfer, remember to put this action at the end so it runs last. No other action can be performed on this record after it's deleted.Click Next.
The "Define the Fields to Transfer" panel appears.
- The Source fields are on the left and the Destination fields are on the right. Matching field names display side-by-side.
- Click a field in the Destination side to see a dropdown list of fields available to transfer the source field to. You can also select Ignore from the list if you do not want that field transferred over. Then click Next. You are returned to the Trigger Actions panel.
Click Finish to return to the Trigger Profiles panel or click "Add New Trigger Action" to add another action to this profile.
If you need to edit or delete a trigger action or profile, see Managing Triggers.