By default, the EchoSign© signing process is initiated when a form is submitted. However, it is also possible to use a trigger to initiate the signing request. Using a trigger enables you to link the signing process into Respondent Update Mode, or when you update a record via the Record Details View, a Post Approval Process, or via a WorkFlow.
Electronic Signature Profile Settings
When configuring the Electronic Signature Profile Settings, you may want to select the checkbox: Manually Triggered Only. This will cause the profile to not be used on a form submission and to only be used when called directly from a trigger.
Setting up the Trigger
There are numerous ways to configure a trigger to send a signature request. In the example video below, we're triggering the delivery of an Electronic Signature request via email after an administrator logs in and updates a records value from new to Approved.
- What are Electronic Signatures
- Electronic Signature Profile Settings & Options
- Collecting Signatures via Embedded/Widget Mode
- Using a Trigger to Handle Events
- Placing Signature (text Tags) with Dynamic PDF's
- Placing Signature (text Tags) with PDF Forms
- Generating PDF Documents
- Cancelling a Document
- Manually Sending a Reminder to Sign
- Viewing a Documents Audit Log or PDF