Using a Trigger to get an Unsigned Widget Signed
When using the Embedded / Widget Mode to collect signatures on a document, the signing widget is shown to the user immediately after they fill out your form. Unlike the Email Delivery option, there are no automated reminders to sign sent to the user if they do not sign the document. The video below illustrates how to setup a trigger to follow up and request a signature:
The video above shows how to set up a Trigger, with a Rescheduled Trigger Action set to run at a later date. When the rescheduled actions run, if the agreement_status is still "WIDGET", an email reminder is sent to the user with a link to return and complete the signing process.
The [agreement_status] field will be set to WIDGET after the web form is submitted and the widget is displayed for signing. Once the user signs the document, the status will be changed to SIGNED or OUT_FOR_SIGNATURE (depending on whether you elected to also have the sender sign). The Trigger Action rule you configure should always check that the agreement_status = 'WIDGET' before sending a reminder to sign.
- What are Electronic Signatures
- Electronic Signature Profile Settings & Options
- Collecting Signatures via Embedded/Widget Mode
- Using a Trigger to Handle Events
- Using a Trigger to initiate the Signing Process on Update
- Placing Signature (text Tags) with Dynamic PDF's
- Placing Signature (text Tags) with PDF Forms
- Generating PDF Documents
- Cancelling a Document
- Manually Sending a Reminder to Sign
- Viewing a Documents Audit Log or PDF