The Open Window action will open a window and display content from a URL or from content provided.
Adding an Open Window Action
In the Field General Setting properties panel, click the small button in the Actions property.
In the New Action Settings window, choose Open Window from the drop-down menu and click Next.
In the Action Name field, give your action a unique name.
If you are editing an action for an element/field, the Field Event field is displayed. Choose the Field Event on which you want the action to trigger: when the user changes (Change), enters (Enter), or leaves (Leave) the field.
In the Window Content field, decide whether you want your user to move to an external URL or see custom content.
- If you selected URL enter the New Window URL. Then click Add/Edit URL Params if you need to select fields on your form that you wish to append to the URL of the page you are opening. Click the Click to Edit Rule button if you need to create one or more rules that must be satisfied before the action will run.
- If you selected "Custom Content", click Launch Editor to enter your content for the window. Then click Add/Edit URL Params if you need to select fields on your form that you wish to append to the URL of the page you are opening. Click the Click to Edit Rule button if you need to create one or more rules that must be satisfied before the action will run.
- Click Next.
- Decide if you want to open the window as a LightBox Overlay or a Browser Popup, then click Next.
- If you chose Lightbox, then specify the Width and Height, decide if you want to display a Close button, and whether you will allow scrolling in the lightbox window. Also, set the Animate/Fade value to true if you want to have the window fade in and out.
- If you chose Browser, then specify the Width and Height, decide if you want to display a Close button and whether you will allow Scrolling. Also, decide if you want a Toolbar and / or a Statusbar to appear, and decide if you want to Allow Resizing.
- Configure the Confirmation Settings to show a confirmation prior to submitting the form. The confirmation prompt will be shown before the action is executed and the end user may choose OK to execute the action or Cancel to abort.
- Click Finish to close this window and return to the Actions window.
- Click Save to return to the Form Designer and preview your form to test the action.
- Update Values
- Add/Remove Selections
- Open Window
- Submit Form
- Reset Form
- Mark Comparison History Viewed
- Finish Later: Show Save Prompt
- Finish Later: Show Load Saved Data Prompt
- Show Alert
- Abort Submission
- Confirm Page Navigation