Workflow Widgets and Workflow Links are special managed content that can be inserted into your layouts via the Rich Text Editor
Widgets provide extended functionality from enabling a delete button next to a record, to showing a drop down menu to filter data page results, through to embedding a Drill Down Page inside a frame. Widgets can be inserted within a Record's Layout' Markup or within a page's Opening and Closing markup by clicking the WorkFlow Widgets icon in the editor toolbar.
Types of Widgets
- Embedded Drill Down Page Widget
- Embedded Page Widget
- Row Action Widget
- Edit Field Widget
- Category Filter Widget
- Export Widget
- PDF Viewer Widget
- Decryption Widget
- Audit Log & Record Change History
Inserting a Workflow Widget
Workflow widgets can be inserted into the layout via the Rich Text Editor wherever the Workflow Widget toolbar icon is displayed.
In a table layout template, you will need to click Column Config in the Layout Settings panel of Properties, add a column of type Text/Image, and click Edit Value to see the editor.
In a grid layout template, you will need to click Layout Markup in the Layout Settings panel of Properties, to see the editor.
To insert a widget:
- Place your cursor in the edit area where you would like the widget to be placed; or,
- Click the Workflow Widget toolbar icon to open the Widget Selection dialog window:
3. The list of available widgets will change based on where the widget is being inserted. Some widgets can only be inserted in a record output layout (on a Data Page) and other widgets can only be used on a page's Opening and Closing markup. From the selection window, double-click the Widget you would like to insert to open the Widget Configuration Wizard.
Editing an Existing Widget
To edit an existing Workflow link:
- Double-click on the widget within the Rich Text Editor to open the Widget Configuration Wizard
Deleting a Widget
To delete an existing Widget:
- Click the widget to highlight it and press the DELETE key on your keyboard; or,
- Right Click on the widget and select Delete Widget
- Double click the widget and select Remove Widget from the buttons at the bottom of the Widget Wizard.