Salesforce is a well-known cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) software system. Originally designed for helping sales people keep track of their clients, it now has specialized modules for companies of all sizes in many industries.
Logiforms has a built-in integration for Salesforce so your form data can automatically create new leads for followup in Salesforce. You will need a Salesforce account before you begin seting up this integration. Find out more about Salesforce and create your account. You will also need to enable API access on that account.
On This Page
With your form open, from the Post Processing menu choose 3rd Party Integrations; or you can right-click on the form in the Dashboard, and select Form Design Tools > 3rd Party Integrations. The 3rd Party Integration management window appears.
Click Add Profile.
In the Profile Type dropdown list, choose Salesforce then click Next.
- Review the details of this wizard, then click Next again. The Salesforce Settings Window appears.
[screencapture: Salesforce settings]
- In the Profile Name field, enter a meaningful name for this profile.
- This first profile is the Default Profile. Uncheck this field if you plan to use more than one profile.
- Leave the Manually Triggered Only option unchecked. This is the recommended setting. You should only check it if you are running a data transfer in respondent update mode or a workflow edit page.
- Enter your Salesforce user name in the Username field.
- Enter your Salesforce password in the Password field.
- In the Salesforce Security Token field, enter your token. This is a case-sensitive alphanumeric security key that is tied to your password. You can create or reset your token in Salesforce at My Settings / Personal / Reset My Security Token and then click the Reset Security Token button. You will receive an email with your new token which you need to enter in this field.
- In the Object Type dropdown list, select the kind of object that you want to create in Salesforce. Choose from: New Lead, New Case, New Account, New User, New Contact, or New Opportunity.
- Click Next. The "Authenticating with Salesforce" message appears and then the Salesforce Field Mapping panel.
- Click Edit Mappings.
- Depending on your business requirements, map fields from your Logiforms form to fields in your Salesforce account.
- Click Save. The 3rd Party Integration window appears with this Salesforce profile listed.
You can change any of the details of this profile or its rules.
- On the Profiles tab, choose the profile and click Edit Profile.
- Make any changes required and click Save.
- Click Save again to return to the 3rd Party Integration Profiles & Rules window.
- On the Profiles tab, choose the profile and click Delete Profile.
- Click Yes on the confirmation message. Your profile is deleted.
On the Profiles tab, click View Debugging Log if you need to see details of the actions in this integration. All the events are listed by date.
You can delete selected or all events.