Easily create new tasks and upload files to Asana using our point and click integration. For more advanced integrations including pulling Asana users and teams into your form, see the Type Ahead Autocomplete field and Dynamic Data options and webhooks.
On This Page
- Click Add Profile.
- In the Profile Type dropdown field, choose Asana and click Next.
- Confirm that this is correct and click Next.
- In the Profile Name field, enter a meaningful name.
- By default, this is the default profile. Uncheck if you do not want this.
- We recommend that you leave the Manually Triggered Only field unchecked. You should only enable this setting if you are using a trigger to call this profile outside of a regular form submission.
- Next, you may choose to use a Personal Access Token (PAT) to integrate with Asana, or leave this unchecked to authenticate by clicking the Authenticate button
- Click Authenticate with Asana
- The login for Asana appears and you will be guided through the Authentication stage
- Once Authenticated, you may choose the type of integration. Your options are Create Task to create a new Task in Asana or Upload Attachment to upload files and associate them with a task. You can create two profiles and execute both to create a task and then attach files to it.
- Select the Project in want to use and then click next.
- If you choose Create Task, the next screen allows you to map the fields on your form to Asana Fields. Map your fields by clicking the wildcard icon or enter static values.
- Note, you may use comma seperated lists of values for Collaborators, followers and tags.
- Under Custom Fields & Return Values you can map additional fields from your form to your custom fields in Asana. The Save TaskID Field value is important, and should be mapped to a field on your form where you wish to save the reference to the taskID of the newly created task. If you plan to upload files to attach to the task, this is a requirement, as you will need it when creating the profile to upload files.
- Click Save. The 3rd Party Integration Profiles & Rules screen displays. Click the Rules tab if you need to create a rule for when this integration runs. If no rules are defined, this profile runs by default
You can send the task to multiple projects in Asana by creating a field on your form named 'multihomed' and using a comma seperated list of project ID's.
Upload Attachment Task Settings
- When uploading or associating files with a task in Asana, you will need the taskID. See the above steps to return and save a taskID.
- Enter the taskID in Settings > TaskID
- Next, under the Mappings grid, click Add File Upload.
- In the File Upload Settings, under Resource Type choose "Asana" to upload a file or choose "External" to enter the URL of an external file resource.
- Choose the field which contains the uploaded file for Asana resources, or for External resources, enter the name and URL of the external file (a Google Drive URL for example) or choose the fields on your form that contain those values.
- Click Save.
You can change any of the details of this profile or its rules.
- On the Profiles tab, choose the profile and click Edit Profile.
- Make any changes required and click Save.
- Click Save again to return to the 3rd Party Integration Profiles & Rules window.
On the Profiles tab, choose the profile and click Delete Profile.
Click Yes on the confirmation message. Your profile is deleted.
On the Profiles tab, click View Debugging Log if you need to see details of the actions in this integration. All the events are listed by date.You can delete selected or all events.