Stripe Credit Card Processing
Stripe is a processing system for mobile devices and online commerce. Stripe is unique in the way it validates charges. Your form will not be submitted until the credit card has been validated.
Logiforms has a wizard to help you get started with Stripe. It takes you to the Stripe site to log into your account or set up a new one, and then returns you to the Logiforms site where you can configure the settings and create rules.
On This Page
- Setting Up the Integration
- Configuring the Integration
- Creating a Rule
- Fields Added to Your Form
- Testing the Integration
- Editing Your Stripe Integration
- Deleting Your Stripe Integration
Setting Up the Integration
With your form open in Form Designer:
- From the Post Processing menu, choose 3rd Party Integrations.
- Click Add Profile.
- In the Profile Type dropdown field, select Stripe and click Next.
- Note the description of this trigger and click Next. The Profile Settings panel appears.
- Enter a meaningful name in the Profile Name field.
- Check the field if this is the default profile.
- Check the checkbox Run in Edit Mode, if you want to process payments when the form values are updated (e.g the user is editing a previously submitted record)
- If your form has Form Views defined, you will also see two additional configuration options explained below:
Use on Primary Form: Check this box if you want the payment processing to run on the primary form.
Use on Form Views: Select one or more Form Views that you would also like the payment processing to run.
- Click "Authentication Logiforms with Stripe".
A small window displays for you to communicate with Stripe.
If you already have a Stripe account, sign in. Otherwise, provide this information:
- Your location
- What you sell and when you charge your client
- Your business type (sole proprietorship, corporation, non-profit)
- Tax ID number or business number
- Business street address and website
- Your name, date of birth, and tax ID
- Details that you want to appear on your customer's statement
- Bank details including currency, transit number, institution number, and account number (the information you find at the bottom of a cheque); note the account number disappears from view after you type it
- An email address and password which becomes your login credentials; the password must be at least eight characters long and include at least one upper case, lower case, number, and special character
When you're done, you are returned to Logiforms.
Configuring the Integration
In Settings, enter details about the payment and the customer:
|the 3 digit currency code you would like to use. For a full list of currencies supported, see this Guide.|
|Pay by Bitcoin||defaults to False; select True if you accept Bitcoin payments; Stripe requires a US bank account|
|Payment Button Label||the text you want customers to see on your checkout form|
your company name for the transaction
|the field that contains the email address of your customer; used as the default in the Stripe Payment Panel|
Allow Remembe Me
|defaults to True; select False if you do not want Stripe to remember the customers information to pre-fill the Payment Panel on future requests|
|Icon||click Browse and upload then select a 128x128 Icon to display in the Stripe Payment Panel|
In "Field Mapping & Customer Options", enter the following values:
|Total Dollar Amount||from the dropdown list, select the field that contains the value of the transaction; or select Enter Static Value and enter a fixed amount in the field that displays|
|Purchase Description||from the dropdown list, select the field that contains a description of the purchase; or select Enter Static Value and enter a fixed amount in the field that displays|
|Create a New Customer||defaults to False; select True and a customer ID will be returned from Stripe so you can process additional charges against this customer|
|Customer ID Field||from the dropdown list, select the field to use as identification if you have already created one for this customer or have had one returned from Stripe|
Click Finish when you're done working on your profile. You're returned to the Profiles screen.
Creating a Rule
If this integration profile is NOT meant to run on every submission, you need to create a rule for when it does run. For example, if you accept multiple payment types like cheques as well as credit cards, you need to create a rule that runs this profile when the customer pays by credit card. If there are no rules it will run for all submissions.
- On the Rules tab, click Add New Rule.
- In the Rule Name field, enter a meaningful name.
- In the Profile field, choose the name of the Stripe profile you have just created.
- Click Edit Rule and use the standard Logiforms Rule screen to select one or more fields and define the settings that determine when this action will be run.
Fields Added To Your Form
Your form will automatically have the following fields added to record the results from the Stripe transaction:
- Stripe Transaction Completed
- Stripe Test Mode
- Stripe Transaction ID
- Stripe Failure Message
- Stripe Failure Code
Testing the Integration
Test your form using the credit card numbers provided on the Stripe Testing documentation page.
The "Stripe Transaction Completed" field will be true for all approved submission. You can use this field and its value in your autoresponder, trigger and notification rules to send personalized emails after a successful transaction and run other actions on the customer record.
Debugging is always on for post processing profiles. Click "View Debugging Log" on the Profiles tab to see the log file of all transactions.
Editing Your Stripe Integration
You can change any of the details of this profile or its rules.
On the Profiles tab, choose the profile and click Edit Profile. Make any changes required and click Finish.
In a similar way, on the Rules tab, choose the rule and click Edit Rule. Make any changes required and click Save.
Deleting Your Stripe Integration
- On the Profiles tab, select your profile and click Delete Profile. The first confirmation window appears.
- Click Yes. The second confirmation window appears.
- Click Yes. The profile is deleted and the Profiles tab appears.
I added the stripe integration. but I do not see the stripe form on the page for the user to enter their credit card info.