You can create and reuse custom form elements in Logiforms. Take an element, make changes to its properties and other settings, and then save it as a custom element so that you can use it later. You can save a single field or select a panel, group, table or page and save the entire container element and all of its children. Custom Form Elements make it easy to include standardized or common groups of fields used within your organization across all of your forms.
On This Page
- Creating a Custom Element
- Saving an Element as a Custom Element
- Inserting a Custom Element
- Managing Custom Form Elements
You can use custom elements in the current form, or in any other form you create. Here are the steps for creating custom elements:
- Insert an element into your form.
- Modify the properties of that form element.
- Save the element as a custom element (see below).
- Reuse the form by selecting it from the elements menu (see below).
When you save a particular element, you are saving a custom element. Here's how you save a custom element:
- First, modify the properties of the original form element.
- Then, right-click on that element and select Save Selected from the menu.
- In the Save Custom Element window, enter a Custom Element Name.
- Optionally, enter a brief description for your custom element.
- Check the Save AdHoc Theme Settings check box if you want any theme settings from the current form to be retained for your custom element. If you want your custom element to have no theme formatting, then uncheck the box.
- Click Save, and the custom element will now appear in the elements menu.
Custom elements are found in the Custom Elements Menu.
- To insert a custom element into any form, right click on the form.
- Select Insert New Form Element > Your Custom Elements > Fields. If you have made custom panels, instead select Insert New Form Element > Your Custom Elements > Panels. If you have made custom groups, instead select Insert New Form Element > Your Custom Elements > Groups.
- Choose your custom element. It is inserted in your form.
You can view and manage your existing custom elements via the Form Designer > Settings menu. Select Manage Custom Elements to open the Manage Custom Elements Window. From here you can delete custom elements you no longer require. No other edit functionality is available.
Note: You can UPDATE or REPLACE a previously saved custom element with a new selection by saving a new element and giving it the same name as a previously saved element.