Logiforms supports Single Sign On to provide streamlined access and credential management for Workflows and Web Portals. We support all major Identity Providers and use Industry Standard SAML 2.0 for the highest level of interoperability.
When using Single Sign On to authenticate your users to a workflow, Logiforms uses JIT (Just-in-time Provisioning) and Service Provider Initiated login requests, to automatically create or update the entries in the corresponding member database. Attributes provided from the ISP are mapped to fields in the member database.
SSO Integration with Okta
This example, with Okta, walks through the steps to get the SP setup on Logiforms end. This is a manual process whereby you generate the XML Meta Data and send it to Logiforms to complete the setup. The process is similar with other IDP's, Okta is shown as an example.
- Tell Logiforms which member database you want to setup at the service provider endpoint. Please provide us with the URL of this form. This SP will be applicable to any workflow once setup. The member database will be populated with credentials via JIT.
- In Okta
- Add a SAML 2.0 Integration
- Give it any name you choose
- Enter the Entity ID provided by Logiforms. Note, you will need to request the Entity ID from our team.
- Enter the SSO URL provided from Logiforms. It will look like this "https://sso.logiforms.com/published/sso.lf/sp/WORKFLOW-TESTCASE/method/login/"
- Configure any attributes you require to be populated and/or updated in the member database associated with the Service Provider.
- Click through and Save, using the defaults if not specified above.
- Right click "Identity Provider Metadata" and choose save link as 'metadata.xml' - send Logiforms the metadata file so we can configure the IDP on our end
SSO Setup within Logiforms
Once Logiforms has setup the Service Provider Definition and linked it to the member DB, you can use this definition for any workflow using the following steps.
- Open the workflow in the workflow designer
- Under Security Settings > Select Enable SSO
- Next, select the Service Provider from the Service Provider menu
- Save to complete the setup.
- During setup, choose the SSO security option
- Select one of the predefined Service providers. Note, the Service Providers are setup upon request.