Box.com is an online file sharing service that lets your team access content anywhere, anytime, with any device.
Logiforms has a built-in integration for Box.com so, for example, generated PDFs can be uploaded to a shared folder for processing by team members. Depending on your business requirements, you may want to add the Logiforms integration with Box Sync, a feature of Box.com that you can set up. Box Sync removes the need to log into Box.com to download files. Instead they automatically become available on your desktop when a form is submitted.
Before you begin, be sure you have a Box.com account set up. For more information see Box.com.
On This Page
- Click Add Profile.
- In the Profile Type dropdown field, choose Box.com Integration and click Next.
- Confirm that this is correct and click Next.
- In the Profile Name field, enter a meaningful name.
- By default, this is the default profile. Uncheck if you do not want this.
- We recommend that you leave the Manually Triggered Only field unchecked. You should only enable this setting if you are transferring to Box.com using respondent update mode or a workflow edit page.
- Click Authenticate logiforms with Box.com
- The login for Box appears.
- Enter the email address and password for your Box.com account.
- Click Authorize. A message says "With access to your account, logiforms can read and write all files and folders stored in Box."
- Click Grant Access to Box.
- On the Transfer Settings window, click Add Transfer Action.
- In Field, choose a field from your form that has a document you want to upload to Box.com. For example, you might want to automatically upload a generated PDF of an application.
- In Parent Folder Name/Path, enter the path to the parent folder from the root of your Box account. Each folder in the path is created if it does not exist. Leave this field blank to use the root folder. You can also use wildcards in this field.
- Optionally, check Delete Source file if you want to delete the file after it is uploaded to your Box diretory.
- We recommend that you leave Use Source File Name checked.
- Click Save. The Transfer Settings window appears with this profile listed.
- Click Save. The 3rd Party Integration Profiles & Rules screen displays. Click the Rules tab if you need to create a rule for when this integration runs. If no rules are defined, this profile runs by default.
With BoxSync, whenever a form generates a PDF, it will appear in a folder on your desktop. See this support page from Box.com for directions on choosing the sync folder location:
- After you have set up your Box.com account, go to https://sites.box.com/sync4/
- Click Download Sync4 and run the installer.
- If you haven't already done so, in Logiforms create a profile and define your settings.
- In the Transfer Settings window, in the Field dropdown list, choose the PDF you want to transfer.
- Save the Settings and the Profile. Now, when PDFs are generated, you will see them in your desktop folder.
You can change any of the details of this profile or its rules.
- On the Profiles tab, choose the profile and click Edit Profile.
- On the Transfer Settings screen, choose the setting and click Edit Row Action.
- Make any changes required and click Save.
- Click Save again to return to the 3rd Party Integration Profiles & Rules window.
On the Profiles tab, choose the profile and click Delete Profile.
Click Yes on the confirmation message. Your profile is deleted.
On the Profiles tab, click View Debugging Log if you need to see details of the actions in this integration. All the events are listed by date.
You can delete selected or all events.