LogiDecrypt is our free decryption utility that can be used to create a secure email solution. Using logiDecrypt, you can set up a notification profile to email you the results of a form submission in an encrypted format that you can then decrypt using logiDecrypt. This free decryption utility makes it possible to receive secure data via email.
On This Page
- Download and Install
- Enter Your Private Key
- Set the Encrypted Property on a Field
- Set Up the Notification Profile
- LogiDecrypt is provided for Windows only. You can use it on Windows XP or greater.
- You'll need the private key file issued to you when you registered for Logiforms. The key is attached to your welcome email. If you are unable to locate your private key file please contact support to re-issue you a key.
To get started using logiDecrypt, first download and install logiDecrypt from here. You'll need to unzip the zip file and then run the setup program.
After you have downloaded and installed logiDecrypt, launch the program and click the Private Key icon to open the KeyData window. This is where you will enter your private key (the private key is sent as an attachment to your welcome email). Copy and paste the entire private key into the Private Key window and select 512 from the Key Length drop down. We recommend you check the 'Save private key for future use' box and enter a password. This will make it easier to decrypt secure emails without having to re-enter the private key each time.
- In the Form Designer, select the Field you would like to make Encrypted
- In the General Settings Property Panel, find the Encrypted Property and set it to true
- Save your changes.
Once you have encrypted fields on your form, you can create a Notification Profile that will send you the encrypted email. You create a notification profile the same way that you normally would, the difference is that you include the encrypted fields in the text version of the Email. The TEXT ONLY version of the Notification email is sent as an encrypted attachment that will open automatically with Logiforms.
Typically, you'll use the HTML version of the email to include details like "A new encrypted form submission has been received from [first name] [last name]. Please click the attachment to decrypt the encrypted data". and show the encrypted fields (using wildcards) in the Text version of the email.