It is important to note, that the settings on the first screen of the wizard change based on the selections made. For example, of you select to open a Lightbox, the Auto Close and Window Close Custom JS options will be shown. This is described in more detail below.
The link setting screen of the wizard is where you select what type of page you want to link to and the how you want to link to it. Depending on the type of link your creating, additional options will be shown.
Select the type of link to create. The list of available options will change based on where you are creating the link. For example, if your on a drill down page, the option to "Go back to parent page" will be shown.
- External URL - link to an external URL
- Workflow Page - link to any available page in the Workflow Profile including drill down and edit pages
- Form - link to any of the forms within your account
- Back to Parent - return to the parent page
If you selected Form from the Link Type menu, the Target Form menu will appear and you can select the form you want to link to. The following options are then available:
- Auto Close Window - automatically close the window after the form is submitted
- Refresh on Close - automatically refresh the current page after the form is submitted. If your adding a new record to the currently displayed data set, set this to true.
If you selected External URL from the Link Type menu, the URL field will appear and you can enter the URL of a page to link to. Enter the entire URL including the "http://" portion.
The link target defines how the link will be opened.
- Standard - load the link into the same page
- New Window/tab - open a new browser window or tab (whether its a new window or a tab depends on the end users browsers settings for new windows)
- Browser Pop Up - open a browser pop up window
- LightBox Overlay - open a lightbox overlay
Select the workFlow page to link to.
Configure URL parameters to pass into the page or form. Typically used when linking to a form, the values from the current record (when the link is created inside a Layout Template's Layout Markup) and/or currentUser variables if your profile is secured.
On the next page of the wizard, you can configure the how the link will appear. Check the use button check box to use a button instead of a plain text link and select a button color from the list of available styles.
If you selected to use a Browser Pop Up or LightBox from the Link Target menu on the first screen, you will see the settings for the window/lightbox on the next screen. These settings control how the popup window or lightbox will look and what size it will be opened at. You can always return later and edit these settings if you find your initial settings do not work or you need to make changes.